 Trains / 18487
  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) Looks good, Jerry! What, exactly, are those wheels? They almost look like black wagon wheels, but I can't quite make them out. Are they LEGO? As for turns ... what wheels are affixed rigidly to the chassis, and which can rotate? I've found (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) but (...) I think those are the LGB wheels, as I used them in this engine long long ago: (URL) I repat myself, but I would love to see similar ones by TLC in red and black. The Diameter and flange height are just perfectly fitting into all (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) ack, my secret is out ;-) i ordered them here: (URL) have a store. i was able to buy just the wheelsets, for like $5 for 4 wheels. unfortunately, i don't see any there today, you may have to call. the only problem is, they come with axles (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) i built a mounting system for the wheels, and put that on a bogie plate. since i didn't put pistons on, i had full rotation. my problem came in when the track noticed that the length of the engine was a bit too long. i had a small de-railment. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)