 Trains / 18148 (-20)
  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) It is mentioned here: (URL) wrote:*** I asked around this morning and discovered something interesting about the train wheels. The train wheels are one of the few items that are manufactured by a third party. We discovered that there were some (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) I believe you're right but I can't find it for some reason. It's rare that LUGNET(tm) search fails me but it did this time. I know it's out there and not that long ago either. Just can't find it. (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) What is kind of weird is that I don't think (and I could well be wrong) that the needles at the axle tips are actually doing anything, bearing wise. I've looked at both black and grey wheelsets and it looks to me like all the bearing action is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) I largely agree. I'll have to check, but did Jake not indicate that this was all caused by an unauthorised change made by a supplier? If this is the case, then the supplier should be compensating TLG for the cost of making things right (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) trouble: (...) wheel (...) That is more accurate description. But that is the point: the wheel touches the frame. Of course any rotor should only be in touch with the none-rotating system via its bearings. (...) cross-tracks: (...) this only 2 (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

In lugnet.trains, Paul S. D'Urbano writes: <snipped most of your excellent analysis> (...) I think this is the crux! LD is indeed doing many things right. Let's keep digging to see if we can help analyse this and come up with a way for LD to fix (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TGV Duplex Instructions On-line

Cross-posting to lugnet.inst (...) Jake --- Jake McKee LEGO Enthusiast Webmaster - B.I. Portal (URL) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

Hi Ben, (...) I think I've observing the same thing with my wheel blocks but I'm a little confused with where you describe the trouble occurring. In the pictures you provided I couldn't quite tell where the Dremeling was done but this is probably (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Have any of you wacky trainheads seen t his?

(...) (URL) (6 months or so ago) and (URL) (15 months ago, site only not this backyard dealiethingamabob) and (URL) (3 years ago, site only not this backyard dealiethingamabob) I need to show those pics to my wife more (whenever she hassles me about (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Off-topic.clones: I wish TLG would have made this part!

(...) Okay, now I get it (I hadn't seen that pic yet). Reminds me of some Europeans (foggy memory alert; help anyone?) who built a train of simply constructed bricks, sort of like what my son did here: (URL) it's a start:-) -John (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains)

  TGV Duplex Instructions On-line

Step-by-step building instructions are available. There are 135 steps (images), all in the same folder. Sorry for the potential lengthy download time. The MLCad .mpd file is also in the step-by-step instructions folder. TGV Duplex Building (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Have any of you wacky trainheads seen t his?

(URL) I FUT to ot.fun, or is this sufficiently train-related to stay here? I ask only because I so recently violated the purity of lugnet.trains, and I'd hate to be twice struck by curator lightning... 8^) Dave! (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  The Moffat Tunnel...

(URL) night I started working on the West end of the Moffat Tunnel. I am still deciding if I will do the East end. Also I think there is a building next to the tunnel so I still need to add that. I included a picture that I used to build the tunnel. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one)

Ben, Thank you for the report on your adventure to Legoworld 2002. Nice pictures and commentary on your experience. What a wonderful venue and enormous attendence. Glad your locomotive hauled the tracks well. :-) later, James Mathis (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  SCLTC to present at BricksWest 2003

Come all to BricksWest 2003 and attend the train sessions. The SCLTC has been invited to do a session on "The Making Of a Multi-Dimensional Train Layout". We'll run thru the initial design, sync-ing up with each other, infrastructure, and bricking (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  SCLTC to present BricksWest 2003

Come all to BricksWest 2003 and attend the train sessions. The SCLTC has been invited to do a session on "The Making Of a Multi-Dimensional Train Layout". We'll run thru the initial design, sync-ing up with each other, infrastructure, and bricking (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: My latest train MOCs...

Very nice. It's a rainbow train! ;^) -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

(...) Oops... Sorry for causing this mess. Too many new names + too many faces to get to know all of them in these few days. Thanks for completing the list of involved people. Kind Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

(...) Hope you got your shot of that Italian :D My pictures can be found at (URL) , sorted by day. (...) I'll be there! (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Legoworld 2002 - a brief review (and a longer one) - THE WRITER EXPOSED !

(...) Thanks for your enthusiasm, it was great and you had also your contribute to this succes. But I will correct some. The president of the club is not Paul Wolters but Paul Koelewijn. Paul Wolters was responsible for the relation (and daily at (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact