 Trains / 18105
    Container Cars —Jeff Van Winden
   For our next train show rtlToronto is planning an automated sea to rail shipping yard, I have been looking at a few of the container car designs around from James Mathis and Thomas Burger.. both designs are wonderful, but after building the wagons (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Container Cars —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) good thinking! That problem with too tight grip by the well of the car means that even the hand cranked cranes in, for example 4549, don't always grip snugly enough. I tried using 1x2 thinwalls but the tile with rod on top solution seems (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Container Cars —Jeff Van Winden
   (...) Nope, I just had a quick look, I think what you see is a 2 x 2 tile, which does make it look odd.. Sorry for the high angle, I installed the l3p add on lastnight, and did not get a chance to figure out the angles... Thanks fr the feedback! (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Container Cars —Steve Barile
   Hi Jeff, Critique to follow, don't mean to be too negitive :) I just looked at your car and wondered why 7 wide? I don't see how the 7th stud did anything for you on this design, the foot print is still 4 wide between the 1x2 tiles with-rod-on-top. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Container Cars —Jeff Van Winden
   (...) Sorry for the slpw reply, I reorganized my Brickshelf folder, and updated the Container car. My original reason for going 7 wide was so that I could still build some walls along the side of the wagon. See my second version here: (URL) first (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)