 Trains / 17354
Re: Small Train Bridge Scene
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 02:42:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:

To inherit from a Larry-ism I'm inclined to class this as 'selective
depression', but that sounds too much like what you get working in IT.

hehehe... Good one!!! but it's not a Lar-ism, as much as I'd like to take
credit. Selective Compression is a well known scale MR term that dates back,
oh, to the 1940s and the days of Frank Ellison and John Allen...

You're spot on though. Bridges don't need to be very high, unless you're
deliberately wanting something dramatic. Most bridges are NOT dramatic, as
most bodies of water to be crossed are just little things. There are 20
culverts for every small bridge and 10 small bridges for every one big
enough to drive a car under... or something like that.