 Trains / 17353
Re: Burlington Northern's shiny aluminum stream-liner was called?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 01:57:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
I am embarrassed to admit it. I forgot the name of the shiny aluminum
stream-liner that Burling Northern used to run years ago. It was
Burlington Northern, right?
Anyway, when I saw all the chrome on the new Naboo Fighter I found it
hard not to dream about a shiny Burlington Northern (insert train's name
here) running around my tracks. I though, "Heck, LEGO Direct (LD)
already has a working relationship with BNSF. LD did BNSF's Santa Fe
Super Cheif, why not go back and say, 'Hey, can we do a model of your
Burlington Northern (insert tain's name here)?'"
OK, I doubt it will happen, if it did the train would be *expensive*,
but heck it is fun to dream....

Burlington Northern never had a shiny aluminium (or stainless steel)
streamliner.

You're thinking of predecessor road Chicago, Burlington and Quincy (merged
with Great Northern and Northern Pacific to form BN in 1971(?)), which had
many "Zephyr" streamliners in the 1930s and 1940s. Some operated just by
CB&Q, some in partnership with UP.

Sure would be a great model though. Lots of rounded stuff! These had a
rounded, slanted shovelnose. Lots of fluting too, since they also had fluted
sides.