 Trains / 17348
Re: Burlington Northern's shiny aluminum stream-liner was called?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:56:19 GMT

In article <H13wt3.Ktv@lugnet.com>, "Dan" <outsailing86@yahoo.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
I am embarrassed to admit it. I forgot the name of the shiny aluminum
stream-liner that Burling Northern used to run years ago. It was
Burlington Northern, right?
Anyway, when I saw all the chrome on the new Naboo Fighter I found it
hard not to dream about a shiny Burlington Northern (insert train's name
here) running around my tracks. I though, "Heck, LEGO Direct (LD)
already has a working relationship with BNSF. LD did BNSF's Santa Fe
Super Cheif, why not go back and say, 'Hey, can we do a model of your
Burlington Northern (insert tain's name here)?'"
OK, I doubt it will happen, if it did the train would be *expensive*,
but heck it is fun to dream....

Chris
are you thinking of the pionneer zephyr in the 1930's?
dan

Yep, that is the one. To make certain that we were talking about the
same thing I Googled it.

http://www.msichicago.org/exhibit/zephyr/

and there it is. Also, I was wrong. According to this page the Zephyr
was stainless steel, not aluminum.

Thanks for the reminder.
Chris