 Trains / 17343 (-10)
  Esben Kolind's Danish LEGO Trains

I've been enjoying looking at Esben's trains. New-to-me models. I have really enjoyed browsing these trains. There are some really clever construction ideas and little details: SNOT stairs: (URL) mid-car fold-up-and-away stairs: (URL) bike room and (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Burlington Northern's shiny aluminum stream-liner was called?

(...) are you thinking of the pionneer zephyr in the 1930's? dan (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

Funny you posted this. I just swapped out the blue-voilet for dark red on my Royal Hudson. What I find interesting is how many of the new colors play all kinds of tricks on your eyes. The dark red stripe on my model looks rather brown. Sorry no pics (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  missing part numbers

Hi, I know that some among us automated points by opening there point(s) on the bottom side and cut the knukkles away for easy of movement of the 'tongue'. Now i figured out that a point is build up with 5 main pieces and some smaller ones (metal (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Streamlining (was Re: New MOC: Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

(...) Streamlining was used b/c of the Pionner Zephyr. Then streamlining was put on PRR K4 3768 and turned out to be a flashy locomotive. Other railroads did the same but they found that it tampered with maintence, which was more important then (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Streamlining (was Re: New MOC: Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

(...) I didn't know that - it's surprising actually, given the distances over which freight can be hauled in the US. I know the trains can be extremely long, and it's an old movie cliché for escaped convicts with their legs chained together to still (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive

(...) As a P.S. to my reply; I would, but I won't be going to the next one. You could ask in loc.uk if you really fancy it. But, be warned - I couldn't find any dark red (nor sand red in fact) in two visits there, and believe me I looked. If they (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Streamlining (was Re: New MOC: Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

(...) I'm not sure that lack of streamlining in US locomotives is due to lack of emission controls. I suspect it's far more because trains aren't operated at speeds which require it. Note that the Amtrack locomotives are reasonably streamlined (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small Train Bridge Scene

(...) Don't say that - he said he's only just started. I'd have used a separate picture of the bridge too if I had one to hand, but I don't just yet. I know it's cheesy to list the same picture twice, but thanks for the complement anyway. Jason J (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small Train Bridge Scene

(...) That is a brilliant idea, Jason! And of course your british dark red engine is simply marvellous.... Kind Regards, Ben P.s.: @Josh - I like your little sceenery too, but Jason has just stolen a part of your show... (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact