 Trains / 17278
  Re: Is 12v compatible with 9v???

(...) Thanks for your help! I know that Sonnich says that you can mix the track. Well, nothing personal, but I really do not like the looks of the 12V track. 9V looks very realistic in my opinion. So when you say that the non-electrical wheels will (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is 12v compatible with 9v???

(...) Yes, the 6x28 train baseplates work with both engines. (...) Yes - if you search through Brickshelf or the LTC websites, you will probably find one eventually (...) Yes - 9V doesn't use batteries, it pulls power from the rails. (...) Moot (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is 12v compatible with 9v???

(...) There are no electical wheels in 12v (or 4.5v). All wheels are plastic. Power pickup comes from conductors between the rails negating the need for power pick-up from the wheels. 9v trains use the wheels of the motor for power pickup. Neither (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)