 Trains / 17163 (-5)
  Letter to the NMRA

Below is an excerpt of a recent letter I wrote to the NMRA. An obscure point perhaps, but worthy of consideration nonetheless... ___...___ As the NMRA membership may or may not know, there are a significant number of persons who build trains out of (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) Pennsylvania Railroad, 4-4-2, Class E6s "Atlantic" type is in the Pennsylvania RR Museum in Strasburg PA: (URL) believe it is fitted with a water scoop as it stands in the museum. There are several photographs of the track pan in use including (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) Google is your friend. Try a search with these keywords, about 1/2 of the first page is relevant references steam water track pan railroad This is not a bad reference (URL) and NYC (mad competitors on the NY-Chicago run) both used them to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) My point was not can they make an interesting layout with the pieces, but more do they actually make parallel tracks and such using the differing radii. (...) A 1/4 or 1/2 section would be real nice (we really only need the 1/4 section), and (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) Thanks! :-) -Frank (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact