 Trains / 16908 (-20)
  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

...and I've just found a gallery by Kevin Loch showing the the new Santa Fe car sets acually being present on Brickfest 2002. (URL) someone of the attendies please elaborate on how the base(plate) of the Santa Fe cars have been constructed to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) For those of you who missed the picture of these sets: (URL) by René Hoffmeister on July 2th 2002, indeed most AFOL's attending this Keynote Speech where not as surpised as LD hoped them to be. It's on of the things that shows what a fertile (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) The two SKUs (stock keeping units) that build the 5 cars. SKU 10025 - Santa Fe cars set 1 (Mail, Baggage) SKU 10022 - Santa Fe cars set 2 (Dining, Observation, Sleeping) Hope that helps. I am going off net for a while to go see these operate (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Cross posted to trains for information. Props to James!!!! (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

Do you have Directions? I still need to talk to my family members there to see if they'll bring us... BUT if they will I'll try to show up early so that it can run for a while! Hopefully they can drop me off & come back later in the day & get me, (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Cowcatcher Design

(...) Very clever, Shaun-- I can hardly wait for the rest of the engine! But 10 wide??? It's bad enough to have scale drivers for 6 wide let alone 8! We really need some drivers that are the size of the 5571 hubs IMO. I look forward to your (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) I need to invest in some reed sensors to detect the magnets as they go by, the light sensors are just too unreliable under the different lighting conditions. Anyone know a good place to purchase some RCX-compatible reed sensors? "Clever"... (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

(...) Hey Steve, Great pictures of your clubhouse! I was wondering if you could give us a little insight on how the PNLTC was able to secure the space. I know that mall space can be quite expensive (especially in Southern Cal) so I was hoping to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: White Pass and Yukon Railway

(...) Another great looking train James. I would love to see how the coaches are constructed. Like how the sides are connected to windows. Also I wasnt able to find any pictures of the real train on the site you provided. Keep up the great work (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  White Pass and Yukon Railway

My wife just got back from a 2 month driving-journey from New Mexico to Alaska and back. She was kind to acknowledge my passion for modeling trains as she took a few photos of some trains she saw in Alaska. One of which was the White Pass and Yukon (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

James- Mr. Gerlach is quite clever. He has the loop powered in three sections with light sensors to grab the trolley location for the RCX. It was working alright at the Roundhouse, but it had some trouble in the direct light of the Fargo show. The (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Cowcatcher Design

(...) 8 (...) Hi Shaun, that is simply the best Lego® cow catcher I have seen so far! Clever design! Ben (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

In fact we've met there twice as a club since the "Open House" weekend to do some maintenance (and hang out) and had to open to doors for 30 to 60 minutes due to the number people peering in. Since the layout is always setup (as opposed to a GATS (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

Our first public weekend at the Beaverton Mall in Beaverton (outside Portland, OR) was a great success! July 6th and 7th we were open to the public during mall hours at our new temporary "clubhouse". Highlights included a large port area, a 12V (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.or.por) !

  Re: GMLTC Update

John, How is this trolly running? (URL) it being powered by the track? If so how is it wired to not short out and to go in the reverse direction when it comes around the loop? Or is it RCX controled? Very nice look no matter how you did it. jt (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: dome car concept

It is the lid of a Belville Chest with the 4x6 foot print. Here's a pic in solid pink, you can clearly see the ribs... (URL) a trans hot-pink version. To bad this set $5 set didn't have the clear one! (URL) clear one comes in this set 5827 Royal (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Cowcatcher Design

(...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New Cowcatcher Design

Well, here she is: In working on my latest steam engine, I needed to find a cowcatcher design. After a day or two or working almost exclusively on that problem, I finally came up with something that I am happy with. I've been holding off the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: dome car concept

What pieces are the clear dome panels? (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  ATSF warbonnet doodlebug spotted

(URL) sure who that is, I don't recognise the name, but it looks neat. A little short, and not sure ATSF 'bugs were ever in warbonnet but I like it. I'll have to do one of mine in warbonnet just for grins. (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact