 Trains / 16899
16898  |  16900
Subject:
White Pass and Yukon Railway
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:51:08 GMT

My wife just got back from a 2 month driving-journey from New Mexico to
Alaska and back.  She was kind to acknowledge my passion for modeling trains
as she took a few photos of some trains she saw in Alaska.  One of which was
the White Pass and Yukon Railway.  Here's a link to the official WPYR site:
http://www.trainweb.com/railfan/

Here's a link to my BrickShelf gallery for my models of the WPYR set:

But, if this link doesn't work, maybe these will:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/Passenger/WhitePassAndYukon/p1_alaskan_v1.gif

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/Passenger/WhitePassAndYukon/v1/p2_alaskan_v1.gif

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/Passenger/WhitePassAndYukon/v1/p3_alaskan_v1.gif

The passenger cars are supposed to be olive-green solid (no yellow striping)
and have dark red/rust colored roof.  I got distracted from the prototypical
wagon color scheme by trying a snot striping like Ben B. uses in some of his
building structure walls.

This attempt at some of the WPYR models is still quite early.  I hope to
refine the models and add some other rolling and power stock sometime.

Thanks for looking.

later,
James Mathis