 Trains / 16792
Re: Modified LEGO race train motor (it's a screamer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:20:27 GMT

Whoa. What YOU describe is even more radical.

My hypothetical is powered by the 9V supplied by the rails. It just uses
some other sort of 9V motor, transmitting motion to the rails some other way
than a train motor body/gearing.

YOUR hypothetical is independently (but still electrically, so not in
violation of the spirit of the "no flammables" rule) powered. The 9V rail
input is just a signal or trigger input to let the main power unit know when
it's time to fire.

Cool! Perhaps two different classes, though.

My hypothetical is ultimately limited by how much power the controller can
deliver (presumably if you sucked up enough juice to shut the controller
down, you'd lose). Yours is not.