 Trains / 16308 (-20)
  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) Looks like two modified 1x2 bricks, not a 1x2x2 brick. You can make out a bit of a seam between the two bricks. Nice job on the modifications, though! JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) I'd say it's a 1x2x2 brick that has been routed out, but I don't recall that element coming in green-- curious and curiouser... Perhaps John has been hanging out with Tommy too long;-) -John (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Completed Models, Sun, & High Temps, and it's effects

Not sure where to post this so lugnet.general it will be. Cross-posting to lugnet.trains because I know a lot of train guys have shipped completed models to train shows. Cross-Posting to lugnet.lego in the chances that THEY (lego) might answer (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage, lugnet.trains)

  New to me 2x2 Green Window

What is the piece or pieces used for the greeen cab windows on this locomotive? (URL) I like to think that I can usually figure out element identification like this, but this has me stumped. I must be gettin' old.... or is it actually a custom (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Life-size Thomas

(...) Well, I'd hope they'd look the same;-) (...) Cool! We were a little disappointed that ours was just for show. The guy says to me, "Eh, we hide the real engine in the back, the kids don't care if he's operational or not". Maybe so. It was (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Life-size Thomas

(...) year (coming in June): (URL) engine is functional. -Rob. (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Pics: Life-size Thomas

Don't know all of the particulars about this Thomas, but he came to Minneapolis last weekend and the weekend before (snowed *both* weekends!) I do know that he is a dummy (a hard-working GP-7 pushed him around from the rear). Ross (my son) said that (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) first thumbnails for reference photos. I'm not normally one to comment on trains, as its not really my area of LEGO interest, but the sweetness of these MOCs transcends genres. Quite an accomplishment for young Ross. We will watch his career (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe Super Chief Display Stand

Hello all, I've documented the Santa Fe Display Stand that was used for the wBay auction of the A00001 Santa Fe Super Chief. Here is an image of it: (URL) you can get the building instructions from here: (URL) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe 8 wide

Hi! My version of an eight wide Santa Fe is online (URL) engines section. My Santa Fe on brickshelf: (URL) Meier "Rollingbricks" (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

Oops. Cool Tom, I mean. Rick C. (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

Cool Rob. I've been using a LEGO Timesaver that I designed and built for over a year now. It's a great game. Looks like your layout is very similar to what I came up with. I have a number of specifics that may help you if you want the game to be as (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog

About 12" high, 11" wide with a 9" by 8" insert Maybe everyone knows this already, but I noticed this: #10020 Santa Fe Super Chief* $39.99 *Does not include limited edition numbered tile or Certificate of Authenticity Constantine (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

Hi Ross and John! Great steam engine! Probably the steam Moc of the year 2002! While seeing the thumbnails at brickshelf I thought these are real pictures. Well done! It's ABS. I am fascinated and impressed. 1000grüße HoMa (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Thanks! I can at least take credit for the photos;-) (...) Yes. Actually, aside from the 0-6-0 and the current 4-6-2 MOC, they were done by an 11 year old;-) -John (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) No. Some were done when he was 10, or 11... The kid's got a lot of talent. No idea where he gets it from, though. :-) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) these were photos of an actual train that someone took so they could later build a model! Beautiful model, beautiful photos. I also like the cute little mini-train and the giant bricks and minifig. Were all of these the work of a 12-year-old? (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

This is exactly what happened to me!! Last night I followed the link, saw a bunch of reference photos and a yellow model, Clicked on yellow model, liked it but was confused because excitement was supposed to be over a steam engine (and Shaun was (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

(...) There is an online game available for those who wish to practice ahead of time, sans brick. The instructions are here (Nashville Music News?): (URL) the Operate link to play. -Rob. (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Cool! I'll have to pry him away from "the pile";-) -John (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact