 Trains / 16230
Re: LEGO(R) Caboose(?) from 1978 set 164
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:06:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
Looks like a caboose to me.  It is named passenger wagon.  Interesting.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/164

That has been funny indeed: the instruction shows the caboose as main model,
the catalogue showed the passenger coach (which I have always seen as main
model). If you build the passerger car you have no spares from the set left,
but you have lots of them when you build the caboose.

Nice to review the old sets.  Never browsed the blue era much.

There are some clever designs too. But of course most of the sets are somewhat
dissapointing from todays view, because the amount of special pieces has been
so limited. The negative sloped bricks have been brandnew and highly special
elements (but useful) in the middle of the 70ies.... There have been nearly no
chances for snot: only the 2x4 fence and the wheels in the wheel blocks.

Regards,

Ben