 Trains / 15996
  New MOC train uses Alpha Team Canopy for Cab Windscreen

First, I want acknowledge and thank Franklin Cain for drawing the new complex curved elements we see in the new 2002 sets such as Alpha Team and Star Wars EP2. Awesome work, Mr. Cain! I've tinkered with the windscreen and matching curve slopes to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC train uses Alpha Team Canopy for Cab Windscreen

(...) Nice design. EMU means Electric Multiple Unit, simply meaning its a bi-directional train with driver cabs at each end. Here in Scotland, EMU's typically come in 3-car configs, with the centre car having a pantograph, and therefore being the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC train uses Alpha Team Canopy for Cab Windscreen

(...) Roger roger. <snip> I spotted these when you started uploading to BrickShelf but didn't want to steal your thunder. Very nice. You're right, while these aren't "prototypical" they are certainly neat, that's an innovative use for the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC train uses Alpha Team Canopy for Cab Windscreen

(...) No thunder here. This isn't that creative of a train, but thanks. This windshield orientation use goes back over a year with some one else using the the 4561 train's more angular windshield for a city tour bus. New piece; same use. Agreed, not (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC train uses Alpha Team Canopy for Cab Windscreen

(...) upper deck and everyone laughed at me because I was a gawking tourist. (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC train uses Alpha Team Canopy for Cab Windscreen

(...) Ah, man. Probably not... (...) Funny. I didn't get to ride these when in The Netherlands a couple of years ago. They look nice. I've ridden one double decker commuter train: San Diego's Coaster. Very nice equipment. I was very much the geeky (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)