 Trains / 15996
15995  |  15997
Subject:
New MOC train uses Alpha Team Canopy for Cab Windscreen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 01:05:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

First, I want acknowledge and thank Franklin Cain for drawing the new
complex curved elements we see in the new 2002 sets such as Alpha Team and
Star Wars EP2.  Awesome work, Mr. Cain!

I've tinkered with the windscreen and matching curve slopes to apply them to
a passenger train (I think the European community calls these trains "emu".
Not sure what that means; electro-motive unit?)

Anyway, here's a couple of versions of the train. I've worked up initial
designs for both single and double decker sets.  Full interior and
structural details to come, but I think I like the overall look.

If you visually separate the Alpha Team windscreen from the train (say,
cover it up with your hand to hind from view) the train cars are really
standard immitations of LEGO(R) brand 7740, etc, and the Metroliner Club
Car.  Not much to these, except the Alpha Team windscreen.  Amazing to me
how the simple "snap-on" of the Alpha Team windscreen and curved roof-slopes
adds so much character to the design.

Side note:
I love all the other new slopes and cockpit canopies we're seeing in the new
2002 sets!

Thanks for checking these out.

later,
James Mathis