 Trains / 15938 (-10)
  Re: Nice double stack container cars!!!!

So far they run well through the curves but I havent had a chance to try them through switches. There doesnt seem to be any interference with the laders. And I belive they tend to run the container cars in groups of 3's and 5's. Now I dont know if (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: wheelset ideas

(...) Well, they *all* are for that matter! My kingdom for a bettendorf-styled truck from TLC! (and Blomberg sidebars for the motors, too:-) (...) Trock Trick! The only way to identify its 8wideness was to observe the 6 wide semi-trailer, and even (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An updated reciprocal point motor design with semaphore

<snip explanation of motor design> (...) Would it be too much to ask for a LDRAW model of this wonderful point for those of use with very little 'train design' experince? Thanks! AHui (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: wheelset ideas

(...) I believe my method drops even further than what can be gained from the turntable approarch. Furthermore, if you look closely at most types of spine cars the wheels seem more exposed that what is offered by the LEGO wheelsets. I've gotten a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  An updated reciprocal point motor design with semaphore

I decided to combine Jeff Elliott's and Steve Ringe's recent point motor designs. Jeff's contained most of the features I was looking for: 1. Reciprocal motion - current from a power source can be applied in a single direction to throw the switch in (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Drawbridge help needed!

(...) Actually, its quite solid (or was - it is nolonger with us, may it rest in peace). Held two trains (its a double track bridge) quite easily, no problem. The counterbalance mechanism was quite study also. (...) Hmm... Well the space is mainly (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Drawbridge help needed!

(...) Your bridge has definately a very impressive mechanism. It does look a little fragile, but I'm pretty sure it holds solid (it holds a train, right? :-). It is very complex, nonetheless. Isn't there any simpler (so to speak...) solution? One (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Drawbridge help needed!

(...) Pedro, Here's my version of a draw bridge. Its the first listing under "Bridges" on my site. (URL) a Bascule bridge based on a real one I had a picture of in some train magazine. I got the counter balance to work fairly well. I could balance (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Drawbridge help needed!

Hi all, I am currently building a small drawbridge for my train using Technic elements, but I came across a difficulty which I was not expecting to be so problematic: the need of a "counter-weight". I did know I was *probably* gonna need one. And (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: wheelset ideas

That's a clever design, Chris-- I like it! But as you know, now you've got a whole new set of issues with which to deal;-) I've pretty much completed a set of 5 articulated double stack container cars, and I opted to use the 2x2 turntable instead of (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact