 Trains / 15798 (-20)
  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Mark, I am completely amazed at how your project turned out. Simply beautiful. I'd love to see this in person to "look under the hood" and learn from your techniques. Also, have you thought about contacting the promotion department of the NLUS (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) B unit.... cars are unpowered and a B unit is (in real life, although you may not power your model) a locomotive in its own right. Hope that helps. (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

Hi Mark, absolutly stunning! Probably the greatest MOC of 2002? I really love this station, even if it is located in the US, my Riviera Express is looking for a stop at this fantastic station ;-) The SNOT roof is suberb build, thanks for the details (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

(...) Nice GP40 T.J, slighly stubby looking but looks great :-). Steve (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

Mark- Simply spectacular! -Ted Michon SCLTC Irvine, CA (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) I just posted some construction pics on the roof. I haven't used LDraw, and probably won't take the model apart too much to photograph it, but I will try and get some other photos up to show some of the techniques. (...) Thanks! (...) I look (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Thanks for the comments! I posted some pictures in a construction folder that should give a good idea on how to build the roofs. (URL) think of it as a vertical wall of bricks, except that every 1 and 2/3 of a brick in height, you add a layer (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

(...) These had a sort of "Wild west meets Carneval" feel to them. Nice. (...) Nice Warrens, but believe it or not, I'm diggin' that plate girder approach bridge even more! (...) Great work! looks great on the bridge too. (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

Beautiful! Just beautiful! -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) Chan" <markhchan@home.com> wrote in message news:Gt58xn.F8M@lugnet.com... (...) announce (...) real (...) Chan (...) largest (...) build (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

I haven't been on this list for that long now, but this is a simply amazing model. The detail is magnificent and the roof is superb. I only wish I had half the talent required to build this masterpiece. I know it would probably be quite a bit to ask (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Thank you for the compliment! Miniland is IMO the highest standard of detailed construction, although they get to use things we mortals could never get our hands on, even with BrickLink. (like several hundred of those 4 scoop white ice cream (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Um... I'm speechless. Almost. :-) This minifig scale building rivals the detail and look of some of Miniland's finest. IIRC the KC US is still standing, not too far away from Crown Center, and is now a museum. The real station is kind of at a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

I've been pretty busy lately. The following represents about two months of work and it's all stuff I built for the recent TEXLUG meeting. For the 2002 TOWN contest: D Large buildings (URL) Row Buildings 3 small connected office buildings. N Bridges (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.us.texlug) !

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

I find myself looking for adjectives to describe this model. Simply outstanding! Any detail you could give on the roof construction would be greatly appreciated. I am always looking for ways to build roofs without slopes. TIA, Robert Powell (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

After 3 years of planning and 6 months of building, I am pleased to announce the completion of the main section of Union Station, modeled after the real building in Kansas City, MO. This is also my entry for the 2002 Town Building Contest C (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan) !!

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

When we setup for the jackson street roundhouse, unload and setup ran about 3-4 hours with 8 people. Mostly a lot of standing around however because it was our first time putting it together. -john3 (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Oh no! It's the poster guy again!

Yes boys and girls, it is I. At (URL) you will find the 10020 poster (with stickers/decals and sadly with grey wheels (it's a LGEO thing)) and at (URL) a first "rough" of a 10020 advert... Have a nice weekend. (I know I will cos it's my birthday and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(I messed with the thread to point it to .org and make other NGs less noisy) (...) Well, we just happen to have a show this weekend-- I'll time it and get back to you:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: International LegoTrain Auctions

(...) I figured out why my search results have changed. ebay changed the way their system does a search. Go to Smart Search, then select the Advanced Search tab. In the lower right there is a box that is checked by default that searches English (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train motor repair-9v

I used a clean rag with some CRC brand CO2 solvent sprayed on it. It's safe with plastics and is used to clean electronics etc. It leaves no residue.... Some other Lugnetters have suggested Methylated Spirits ... Whatever you use, test it on a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact