 Trains / 15760
  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) I agree. J2 and I both know this is actually starting to happen, since we're on so many other clubs' mailing lists. I won't name names as it's their perogative to announce it as they see fit, but a number of clubs ARE thinking about ways to be (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) That IS cool. I can't wait to see what they come up with. I am looking forward to more great ideas on how to make interesting layouts w/o the loss of flexibility and huge brick requirement. (...) Yes, this is partly the case. However, in (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(I messed with the thread to point it to .org and make other NGs less noisy) (...) Well, we just happen to have a show this weekend-- I'll time it and get back to you:-) -John (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

When we setup for the jackson street roundhouse, unload and setup ran about 3-4 hours with 8 people. Mostly a lot of standing around however because it was our first time putting it together. -john3 (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) Setup Friday was around 2 hours, that included building a new rack for transporting modules, and setting up a 'play area' for kids to build and run trains. Saturday morning we spent another hour working on the electrics for the layout, Conan (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

Wow, 2 hours is great! It normally takes us around 6-7 hours to step up. jt ---...--- James J. Trobaugh (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) But you can have a different layout every time - ours is pretty much fixed in place... Modular has its advantages *and* dis-advantages, just like 'plywood' does! One good piece of news from this show - we didn't have any locomotives hit the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) MichLTC experience so far has tended to see us use up every last second of setup time plus tinker with it during the show. :-) So ya. (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains.org)