 Trains / 15708 (-20)
  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) According to this thread, it looks like the source may have gone to Leonardo. (URL) think he still monitors the CAD groups so he might see this. I'm sure this has probably been discussed to death, but why not create a sourceforge account and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Congrats on the new addition! (...) Sounds good, I haven't heard anything from the people you gave it to so I too assume that they changed their minds on the upgrades. I would like to have a copy to archive and maybe if I get some "spare" time (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  .dat file for downloading

Hi, if anyone is interested in the .dat file of my b-unit, here you are: (URL) mlcad.ing adrian (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sfsc b-unit, here is mine

(...) You are right, that's something to check... Unfortunately I don't have any curves here - it could be working but it really has to be checked! thanks adrian (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sfsc b-unit, here is mine

(...) worried about the clearance between the bogies & the fuel tank though - they may not be able to take curves! Regards ROSCO (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  sfsc b-unit, here is mine

Hi, I think everybody should have his own b-unit :-), so here you'll find my version of it: (URL) to Jeroen who modeled the 10020! happy bricking adrian (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Congratulations, now you will have even less spare time on your hands :-) (...) Great news. (...) Well, hopefully this time, we can get something happening. Martin (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Sorry, haven't been very active recently. We just had baby number 3 arrive. My first little girl! I do have the source code somewhere, I sent it to someone ages ago, I forget who it was and I never heard from them again. Don't know if it was (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Santa Fe War Bonnet sticker alternative

(...) HEy John, Its Jared, have a pic of your spiff craft to show? Oh yeah, Im JARED Mathis, not JAMES MATHIS, btw Jared Mathis (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

I got a number that is the same as the LEGO Train set from 1980: A7720. Any interest in this piece? (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

No I haven't heard from him. The only email address I have for him is train_depot@yahoo.com jt (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

I too had though about a complete re-write, but it's so hard to get motivated to take on the project when you see how much stuff is packed into the existing TD. First I make a list of what I'd like to have in such an application, then I list what (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) I wouldn't contemplate a rewrite at this stage, without seeing the original code. It may be possible to do what you ask and more, with the code that has already been written. A lot of the fundamental work has been done by Matt, that would take (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Did you get a response? I sent off an email to him and will see what happens. Martin (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

No disrespect to Matt, but how about a rewrite. Couple thoughts: TD3D (Track Designer 3D). This was very loosely suggested at the LDraw round table at BricksWest (maybe by Jake ???). I'm not at all suggesting track design in MLCAD, but rather a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

The NGLTC does now host the Train Depot, but we have nothing to do with the code upgrade to Track Designer, we just agreed to host the application. I know when we took over the hosting of the site that there was some talk of other taking over the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

Rick Clark wrote in message <3C8C2E4E.6090602@no...ol.com>... (...) that they were planning to do some updating of the program. This hasn't happened yet, but who knows, it may be in progress behind the scenes. It would be good to contact James and (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Excellent! Two years ago Matt said: > It's written in Microsoft Visual C++ with MFC 4.0. > > I would be more than happy for anyone to volunteer to take over the future > development of Track Designer. I am sure there are many features that (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: [Snip] (...) So would he be willing to pass the source on to someone else to update it (I'd be willing to have a look at it)? I am sure the code he has written, is no where near as bad as some of the stuff I (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) That's the rub. Long ago, I corresponded with Matt Bates about what it would take to make registry elements exportable and importable (so that you could transfer elements from one library/registry to another) and even he was not quite sure how (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact