 Trains / 15565
  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) Hey Larry I did find this one picture. It may not be as dramatic of a curve but it does have an arc to it. (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

Dave, check out this pic: (URL) caboose roofs were more slope-like than rounded-curve, and pretty gentle at that. Here is one I did for reference: (URL) slope was so gentle that I choose not to even attempt it and went flat across (except for the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) They (the car manufacturers... Pullman Standard, American Car Foundry and others) took big pieces of steel and put them into huge 200++ ton presses and formed ribs and raised/lowered areas into them for strength. They rounded the ends so that (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) I'd agree that the rounded edge is too small to model, but the overall curve of the roof can still be done. I like to have (in six-wide at least) a plated roof, with the middle four studs raised by one plate. This isn't my best example of (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)