 Trains / 14793 (-5)
  Re: Point Motor Instructions

(...) Another neat one - mine looks pretty similar, though I use a belt drive. Those white gears are a bit hard to come by, and I don't have any of those steering plates with a built-in rack either. Still, using a steering bar and a 1x4 rack only (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock

(...) 8 Studs between wheel blocks. This is the answer I was looking for. I am well stocked with Bogie plates, but I have seen many good-looking (cute) short waggons of about 16 studs in total length. I thought I might try building some short wagons (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Longest train, eh? (was: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock)

(...) Ya, for those wossies who use more than 1 motor, it is needed. For those of us who restrain ourselves to a single motor, one controller is fine :) (...) I'd agree. At 90+ cars, the only way with a single motor was to "pick up" (or, in (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Announces Show Date for Feb 2,3 in St. Paul, MN

I have posted the setup pictures from tonight to our website. (URL) if you are interested, my model builder pictures were finally taken off (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engine Identity Problem

Hello Kai, The Amtrak site shows a EMD F59PHI and GO site shows a EMD F59PH. According to my Field Guide to Trains, both are essentially GP59's wit different body work. Both are the same length @ 59' 2" but the F59PHI has 3200 horse power compared (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact