 Trains / 14780
  Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock

I have two very simple 9 volt Train questions about rolling stock. 1. What is the longest non-articulated wagon length that 9 volt track can handle? I prefer trains to NOT derail. 2. I have noticed that my boxcars (6-wide) seem a bit too tall. I (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock

(...) That is in fact NO simple question. I guess you do not mean 4-wheeled Eurotrash waggons? That is easier to answer: without "steering" you can have a maximum distance of 8 studs between the wheel blocks (with a derailment now and then + higher (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock

(...) So, erm, Ben... what is the colour of your car? Can I guess? I think you are a green metalic car kind of guy... ;-) Jeroen (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock

(...) If the question is what is the longest wagon which can circumnavigate a closed loop of track without derailing, the answer is probably at least 100 studs. Such a wagon can only navigate a circle of track. See this picture: (URL) an idea... (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock

(...) 8 Studs between wheel blocks. This is the answer I was looking for. I am well stocked with Bogie plates, but I have seen many good-looking (cute) short waggons of about 16 studs in total length. I thought I might try building some short wagons (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two Easy Questions about Rolling Stock

Hi Kevin, in June last year I answered a similar question at lugnet.trains: (URL) at the raw message to "see" my "drawings" correctly) Kind regards, HoMa Some rolling stock inspirations: (URL)....If the house is on fire, the Lego goes out first... (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)