 Trains / 14716
Re: German DB236 Diesel Switcher Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:41:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
A little diesel switcher, the DB236 (or maybe v36?).

Looks a lot better with the old 12v motor and drive rods.

A lot of selective compression and a little artistic liberty...here's the
result:

This is quite a departure from what I'm used to seeing from you, but I love
it.  Yes- the 12v one looks a bit better, but the 9v one is great too.

Departure...well, perhaps out of some necessity as I've run out of most of
the parts that make for passenger trains.  Also, just what "popped out" as I
flipped through the train catalog looking for inspiration and something to
use up some of my black train doors from two of the black and yellow Model
Team(R) helicopter sets.

Thanks for checking it over.

later,
James Mathis