 Trains / 14685
Re: German Steam Engine BR50: MOC finished
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:38:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mattias Martensson writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

You can find it in the following brickshelf gallery:

Thanks for all pictures showing details and the partly built model. I can
see that there is a lot of clever solutions put into the construction. I
think the 7-width gives good proportions to the model - it really has an
authentic appearance.

Thanks for your words!

The only weak point in my view is the pistons and the wheel arrangement.

I agree moving connecting rods and pistons would be really great, but I think
even these static parts do a lot for the first impression. Of course a new
big wheel (with technic hole for moving pistons) would be the coolest new Lego
element I could imagine (and please let it have real spokes to look through!),
but at the moment the wheels I used are the best ones to be found.

For lots of other models even bigger ones would be very helpful, but the BR50
fits in fact perfect to the diameter of the 7750 wheels I used.

I think we need and I hope we get new parts from Lego to be able to create
even better MOC trains.

I only wish to see some new colour variants of existing parts (dark grey
wheel sets) and the quarter section of straigt track....

So what is next? Maybe a cabin tender for the Br50

That has been built by two other Germans already: so I decided to do not the
third copy of model that has been built already. For some links see my posting
here:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=14

Keep on bricking!

Ben