 Trains / 14680
Re: German Steam Engine BR50: MOC finished
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:14:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

This is a gorgeous MOC, Ben-- kudos to you!

Thanks! It is just the "competition" among uns fans, that make our models so
good (and still better and better). I am daily amazed what a development in
building has been taken place during the few past lugnet years.

I have to laugh at how much you
Deutschers are into "SNOT" (you even have the T-shirts:-)
What fun you all must have at your fests...

I think the fun with the shirts is even of another kind as you might expect:
for any none-AFOL the SNOT-T-shirt look like nonesense or a promotion riddle,
since "snot" has no meaning in German language...

I see you are inching towards 8 wide--

;-) I've never have said, I would never go into 8-wide.... Maybe I will do it
some day. But still I think they are nice for the shelf but on track I like the
fast running 6 wides most.

HoMa still has still more work left to do on you;-)

There are a few other great 8-wide builders around in the meantime.
I know of at least 8 Germans that have 8-wides so far. But lots of them have
done just a short experience in 8-wide, but they still build 6-wides also (like
for e.g. James Mathis has done too). And more and more people are leaving the
pure train theme and wander towards town. Same as at GATS: I see more and more
pictures with landscape only.

So far I have 4.5 trains, I have "blue era" trains, I have grey ones, grey era
MOCs, I have the 9V sets and 9V MOCs. Lots of them are not compatible with each
other. So I see no reason, why I should not have some 8-wides too.

I'm not to sure about: have you done models in 7-wide? If not, try it! Maybe I
can win you for the possibly best building width. Sonnich did a complete
passenger train in 7-wide. That is the perfect compromise between perfect
running behaviour and the perfect appearance on straignt and curved track....
;-)
I'm thinking about new good waggons in 7-wide for my BR50 engine now.

Thanks for keeping us posted with your fine work.

It is of course just to get such nice feedback and praise back, you know? ;-)
(Do you think one could adapt your coal waggon design to 7-wide? Of course the
bottom section would need another kind of piece for the radius, but still that
is one of the top designs in waggon building (another is the Gianluca type of
box car).

Leg Godt!

Ben