 Trains / 14630
  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) I usually try to avoid the crashes... I'm thinking about trying to implement a crude block system that keeps two cars from doing this. First, I have to come up with a reliable motorized point! In another post, Mike gave this link with a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Why? Don't you just need a way to stop the monorail under RCX control? That requires a reliable motorized reverser/stop control track it seems to me... (I have been tinkering but don't have a good design yet, the thing you pivot is very stiff (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) The RCX is often used as a very expensive and overengineered way to solve simple problems. Sure... I *could* try that approach. But I'd rather do it mechanically. And $200 (or thereabouts) for a relay would cut very deeply into my Lego budget. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes: ... (...) ... Here's some pictures of the cover; let me know if it's not clear enough: (URL) train runs fine forwards and backwards. As Mike Walsh remembers, running backwards, it can't push closed a switching (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)