 Trains / 14568 (-5)
  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

(...) I also feel local loops are a good thing. PNLTC has been running several local loops also haven't they? Of course I'm doing local loops using 12v so I can do automated turnouts and block control without nearly so much work :-) (and I may one (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

(...) This pic from David K shows the control panel. Switches marked with 2 1x2 tiles are turnouts... switches marked with just one 2x2 are decouplers. Check out the remote caddy at the far end for the Mindstorms IR remote. There are two speed (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  RCX Controlled Special Loco with Decoupler

I made a speciaal Loco, it is 8-wide and controll by on board RCX with two geared motors, it will stop when back and IR sensor (made by John Barnes) detect train car, magnet will couple loco and train car, it also has a auto decoupler function, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: German Steam Engine BR50: MOC finished

Outstanding. Thanks for all the detail pics. later, James Mathis (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

Whoops... hit send a bit early) (...) This sentence should finish " to allow running trains without interfering with main show loop operations". We think we may want to add more local loops in future shows to increase the amount of motion (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact