 Trains / 14296
  Re: Track? MOC or New?

(...) I'd like to comment a little on this, I've thought about the logistics... First, model trains have flex track, one rail is usually permenant, while the other slides. Also, they have pure metal rails, now with LEGO track, there is plastic under (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

FWIW, a few years back, Aurora managed to produce flexible race car track! The system used a herring-bone type arrangement for the plastic track base with spring-like rails, thereby making it fully flexible... Not sure if any such arrangement could (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

(...) I think another major consideration here is playability - such track would not, I imagine, take nearly as much of the pounding that the current track pieces seem to get, especially from kids. ROSCO (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

(...) You raise good points. I forgot that Flex Track has two important characteristics: - you can cut it to the length you desire - you can bend it to the shape you desire (within limits) My suggested track design addresses only the second point, (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

(...) Of course most track can be cut to any length. (...) This really is the most important feature of flex track, there's also a third feature, at least for the smaller scales - it comes in longer lengths which allow fewer track joins and thus (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

I see that the main issue is the flex track. I am not really looking for larger radius and flex track, because that will probably take more space in a layout..... :) What I can say of a professional point of few is that soft plastics can be turned (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track? MOC or New?

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Larry Pieniazek (<GoKLAC.5wo@lugnet.com>) wrote at 02:51:48 (...) Absolutely. My idea borrows heavily from my previous model railway experience. Essentially, you modify a 2x8 plate by adding chairs (I think that's what the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)