 Trains / 14019
Re: Curator for lugnet.trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:06:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Scott Arthur writes:

Perhaps you should consider tidying up the existing page, and making changes
offline/elsewhere until you have a professional looking effort for the group
to consider?

Is that how you do the pages *you* curate? Drop me a note with the URL of
one of your curated FTX pages and I'll check it out and learn from your
example. Thanks for the offer of mentorship, it's certainly appreciated.

Doing the work offline is certainly worthy of consideration but the way I'm
doing it is to modify the page as I get notes about what to add (and I have
gotten several already, thank you all very much). Less labor intensive that
way than keeping an offline copy (which, since it isn't HTML, can't just be
tested in any old browser, it has to be tested here on LUGNET).

One way to test is to keep a copy in your personal Lugnet area, and test there,
maybe even posting a link if you want others to check it out before updating
the main page. However for something like the main trains page (or any group's
main page), which is fairly small anyway, and generally only contains links, I
agree it's probably not worth it.

ROSCO