 Trains / 1396
Re: cool suggestion: create a 9v train idea book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 22:40:14 GMT

I think this is a great idea!

Formatting would be of the upmost importance for the 'book' to come together
as a whole.

I would suggest the criteria be at the very least photographs in three
resolutions, followed by ldraw instructions, then POV renderings.

These files would certainly accumulate to over most folks 5 meg limit on a
web page, so who would host it?

More importantly, who would put the thing together?

I would like to help, but I am not sure in what capacity.

My 2 cents...

John Matthews
Steve Barile <steve.bar@worldnet/att/net> wrote in message
We (PNLTC) have discussed this also. A printed version of such a book • would be
great but costly. An electronic version sounds very do-able. How would the
submissions be accepted? On what criteria? Would they all be accepted?

Are there any ldraw experts out there that are willing to help out? I find • it
very painful to use the currently available set of tools.

BTW Some of MOC instructions are on the PNTLC sight in various forms (Long
Island RR switcher, Chessie diesel, EP2 electric)
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Burger writes:
In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson writes:
how about creating a 9v train idea book ourselvs, if TLG does not want • to. we
could have pictures of train models, ldrawn instructions etc etc etc. i • would
gladly contribute some of my designs to such a book.

ya know a 9V train idea book isnt that bad.
if I were to make a idea book i would have a povray image,followed by a • ldraw
model,link to online instructions , and zip file of train

now someone just get a webpage.. LOL or put it here on lugnet?
if you want to seriously start this I can get a page off geocities, and
publically post user/pass who wants to contribute