 Trains / 13943
Re: Tilting Train Movies: APT and Acela
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:33:09 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Richard Morton writes:
Hi James,

I have gotta say - that APT is extremely good and very authentic looking -
not just the tilting action but the overall appearence of the model.
Being originally from England, I had the pleasure of seeing the real APT a
few times hurtling through Warrington Bank Quay station and seeing it tilt
round the corner just outside the station. You have captured the look VERY
well indeed.

Well done!

Richard.

It is a great pleasure to hear from someone who has seen the real-life APT
in service tilting at speed through the countryside.  Oh, I wish I could
have seen it run.  I lived for a few months in England when I was 11 years
old.  I have *very* fond memories of the InterCity 125's.  I got to see (and
hear) the 125 hurtle through the villiage of Grantham in Lincolnshire.  I
got to ride a 125 up to Scotland.  That was a blast, particularly when two
sets would pass each other at speed.  Wooosh, wooosh, wooosh....

I wish I could "capture" the look better with a different color train window.
Carbon 60 designed an APT using dark gray.  I like that color scheme.
You can see Carbon's version at the APT restoration web site:
http://www.therailwayage.co.uk/apt/index.htm

Thanks for the post.
later,
James Mathis