 Trains / 13938
Re: Tilting Train Movies: APT and Acela
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:48:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:

Thanks for reading, or at least "jumping" to the movies.  I hope they show
the tilting action well-enough.

It is always a pleasure seeing your handiwork, James, and even more so in
motion:-)  The tilting action is terrific; you can really see it on the APT
(less so on the Acela-- slightly different camera angle?)  It is an engineering
masterpiece.  I'm not one for copying designs, but I'd seriously consider
working up your Acela in an 8 wide version (unless you want to:-)

BTW, I thought your interview with Trains was excellent; you really portrayed us
LTDs in a good light (not such an easy task for some folk, present company
included;-)

Keep up the good work in the high desert!

-John