 Trains / 13936
  Tilting Train Movies: APT and Acela

I have revisited the tilting train construction many times over the past months. I have been exploring designs mods for the model of the British Rail Advanced Passenger Train (APT) as well as newly incorporating a similar tilting mechanism into a (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tilting Train Movies: APT and Acela

(...) It is always a pleasure seeing your handiwork, James, and even more so in motion:-) The tilting action is terrific; you can really see it on the APT (less so on the Acela-- slightly different camera angle?) It is an engineering masterpiece. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tilting Train Movies: APT and Acela

Hi James, I have gotta say - that APT is extremely good and very authentic looking - not just the tilting action but the overall appearence of the model. Being originally from England, I had the pleasure of seeing the real APT a few times hurtling (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tilting Train Movies: APT and Acela

(...) Different camera angle? Probably, but only slightly. The Acela loco nose doesn't tilt very much. I'm having a lot of problems integrating the pendular axis into the cab while retaining room for the driver. I have positioned the bogie axis as (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tilting Train Movies: APT and Acela

(...) It is a great pleasure to hear from someone who has seen the real-life APT in service tilting at speed through the countryside. Oh, I wish I could have seen it run. I lived for a few months in England when I was 11 years old. I have *very* (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)