 Trains / 13733
Re: New My Own (Virtual) Creation 2400 loc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 14:13:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan writes:
Hi,

I made another MOC in LDraw, a dutch loc which is not used anymore. It was
build in France but looks very American to me. Two renderings and a picture
of the real loc at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=7821
BTW on the rendered pictures are 2 versions; a brown pre-eigthies version
and new yellow/gray version. I also wanted to make them buildable so I had
to use 1 x 2 plates with handles instead of the 1 x 2 plates with doorrail
which I preferred. But the doorrail plates are not available in brown or
dark gray.
Please feedback!

Cute. I thought it a neat design, good use of selective compression.

To this American, it looks very NON American, but I think that just
highlights what I've said here before... we spot the details that make
things foreign in order to pigeon hole something as not belonging. It has
enough non european details to make it look non european, and enough non
american details to make it look non american.