 Trains / 13415
    Help on 8-wide baseplate —Ken Godawa
   Hi, I'm new to train building and I'm currently working on an 8-wide two level passenger train. I'm using the 6 x 34 baseplate from the set 4561. By the looks of my train car, it seems a bit short. I would like to add more length to it. How is the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Help on 8-wide baseplate —Sonnich Jensen
     Why don't you make them of technic plates and normal plates? That is easier and you can design them as you want. This is the most commen thing to do I think. I build 7-wide and have to make my baseplates of plates. Just take some time and look at (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Help on 8-wide baseplate —Christopher Masi
   (...) I have to agree with Sonnich. Most 8-widers seem to avoid train baseplates. I have not been able to work a train baseplate into any of my designs yet. Go with plate and technic plates and you can build to what ever dimensions you wish. Chris (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Help on 8-wide baseplate —James Mathis
   (...) Plates and technic plates are the great, and I agree they are likely the best way to go. But don't forget about the standard train baseplates. You just * might* find a use for one in an 8-wide creation; I did for my German DB 212 locomotive. (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Help on 8-wide baseplate —Christopher Masi
   (...) Oh, sure, _you_ can find a way to use one, but I am just a simple man building simple models :) Actually, I responded because I noticed that there is a lot more happening on the bottom of that engine than I noticed before. I don't normally (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Help on 8-wide baseplate —James Mathis
   (...) Chris, Have a look here for what formed the foundation of my DB 212 locomotive and the non-powered wheels: (URL) side skirting hangs one plate lower than the bottom of the 6x28 train baseplate (which, by the way should be the newer train plate (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)