 Trains / 1339
  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Hi Larry, I should be able to convert the files, but not knowing what John sent you I cannot be certain. If you send them to me I'll give it a try. Chris Larry Pieniazek wrote: snip (I wrote snip, not Larry) (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  GMLTC Teaser page

These are the same 4 pictures I have given individual URLs for before but now, at last, they're in a page. Go to my site (see my sig) and look for "GMLTC Teaser Page" just before all the boilerplate and awards and links and stuff. Enjoy. Maybe this (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Nice pictures. As for the logo, you may want to save those images as .gif files. The .gif format is much better for this type of graphic. .jpg files are great for photographs and such, .gif is good for graphics that have wide expanses of one color (...) (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) Yes. However what I'm looking for is for someone with a good set of tools to grab the biggest one, reflood it with one red color, one white color, and one black color, to fix the miscolored areas which are artifacts of taking a mac format (...) (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Am I missing something here? I thought macs could write .gif, .tiff, etc. I can't imagine there would be a need for someone to clean up the images you posted.... John Matthews Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Oh sure, now it looks like I'm just doing this because you're pressing me... *grin* (URL) 3 more pics and text to follow, this is just part of the framework, I still need to credit the people who's art I'm stealing... (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

John Matthews wrote in message ... (...) you (...) the (...) Hey Larry, I missed the early part of this conversation. If you are looking for a very good software package for putting together graphics on the cheap, Image Ready by Adobe is great for (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) I'm sure MACS can, I'm just not sure John Neal can. :-) Whenever he sent me stuff in the past, nothing I had could read it. This time, he printed it out from his drawing program (which I have no idea what it is... but it drives his silkscreen (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) from the entry point - lego page - last item befor the boilerplate There are 3 logos on the page you get from taking that choice. (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) That's strange, John sent me some early graphics before the name was finalized and I was able to see them fine. Maybe John can try sending them to me if he sees this. (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Ha, all this talk about incompetent John;-) I have all of the necessary software (artwork is in Adobe Illustrator, I have Adobe Photoshop). I use AI primarily and photoshop minimally (usually just scan aquiring for now), but hope to utilize it more (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Hi John, I am glad you like your Mac. I would like to help out with the logo dilemma. Send me the files you made. I love playing with graphics files, and who knows, maybe I can make a contribution. John Matthews P.S. Macs DO NOT rule! :) John Neal (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Unless PageMill has dramatically improved (I last used it about two years ago), it is a pretty weak product in my opinion. It was okay for building a page but lousy when it came to site management. My brother-in-law (a professional graphic designer) (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

The page looks great! I like the Milwaukee RR "like" LOGO. We (PNLTC) have been looking for help in the logo department forever. None of us are graphic artists. I know my way around Photoshop and other graphics apps but the eye is more important (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

The logo is almost refixed, John and I have been working on it. He read his docs and knows how to produce standard gif files now. Everyone else, thanks for your help! I agree about putting some hints on each car so you don't have to mouse over (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC Framework comments

John 1 and I were thinking the same thing yesterday about a text nav bar as well. Always happy to take suggestions. :-) I have a stack of around 40 pictures to scan and setup on the page. I hope to get a few more up today, but it's been busy, and I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Macs (was Re: GMLTC Teaser page)

(...) I have to agree with John :-) Mac's don't rule, too low a market share to say that. They are merely far superior to those kludgy Wintel abominations. And it's all in the OS. I wish they made it for other hardware so those of you without Macs (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Macs (was Re: GMLTC Teaser page)

(...) Classic Corporate Arrogance. Apple almost killed themselves with stupidity. If they had allowed Macs to be cloned, and had ported MacOS to the intel platform around the time of OS/2 1.1 and Windows 2.0, this would be a far different (better?) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) I want a t-shirt with the logo. :) I've worn the AFOL shirt so much it's beginning to fray on one of the seams. So I need more. :) (25 years ago, 12-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Macs (was Re: GMLTC Teaser page)

(...) Yup. I wonder if they *will* survive another decade? When I came to UTK in 1993 the ratio of Macs to PCs in the student labs was around 10 to 1, maybe worse. Now it's almost the other way around. And the ed market has always been Apple's (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)