 Trains / 12855
Re: VLC Toy Train Show Images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:24:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Xandria Husby writes:

Looking like a great show. Lots of stuff to pore over to catch all the
details. My one complaint, if it were a complaint, is that some of the
foreground images seem blurry, but no big deal

Hi, Larry.  Tell you what -- you buy me a new $1000 digital camera, and I'll
ensure all future images are not blurry.  ;-)

No prob. As soon as I hit the lottery, your funding request is 270607th on
my list.

Seriously though, those were
taken with an ancient Fuji DS-7 (that's only 640 X 480 resolution) without
much control over focus -- it's about 4 years old now and has been dying a
slow and painful death for about a year.  Some day we'll replace it.

I am fairly happy with my Nikon CoolPix 800, which is obsolete now and
superceded by newer models. Including the 128MB memory card and reader I
just got, I have probably 750 into it and I feel I am getting my money's
worth... but I depreciated it as a business expense.

++Lar