 Trains / 12848
Re: Train Set 113 Advice?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 00:09:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Edward Cox writes:

Thanks Ben and everyone else who replied!

Can someone please tell me if this set was 4.5 or 9 volt?

It is definitely 4.5 volt and battery-driven.

In Germany (maybe in other countries also) this train set came without own
building instruction. The instruction for the waggons was printed on the
backside of the box!

This must have been european - but more UK than Germany.

But there have been the 153 and 112 plans inside the 113 box instead to
demmonstrate the use of couplings and the way the engine was built.

I'll search e-bay and brickbay for some battery boxes.

You do not need wires. The 112, the 113 and the 121 (only joking!!) have used
the bottom contacts of the set 101 baterie box to give connection to the set
100 motor.

Excellent news.

Also looking for any extra straight, curved, or cross over/switching tracks
suitable for this set?

May have found a source locally..

Has your 113 the printed bricks with 4 times "post" and each 2 times Basel
Genova Hamburg? Those are very rare in fact!

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/blue_era.html#112
Alas, No. The text are London, Manchester, Glasgow. (and no POST).

Regards,
Ed.