 Trains / 12436
Re: Terminating a Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:44:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Lairson writes:
Could you clarify what you mean by terminate?

Sorry, I'm not really up on my railroad terminology. I think we are talking
about the same thing. I would like a line comming from a turnout that ends
without reconnecting to the main line. I would like to stack a series of
turnouts (a ladder?), with lines on them (spurs?) So I could basically have
a couple of lines of frieght stock, then depending on who the turnouts are
set, I could back an engine down to a specific set of stock and then forward
out of it.  Also I would like to keep a small tending engine on one spur
while backing an engine down another.

9V turnouts are power directing. If you build a ladder of turnouts, only the
route that is aligned gets power. All the others don't. So if you have
engines parked on multiple tracks of the ladder, none of them will go except
one, which is usually the desired behaviour.

++Lar

I think this answers my question... I think...

Thanks for the clarification, I think it does too. Your shunter won't be
powered unless you route the turnouts to it.