 Trains / 12433
Re: Terminating a Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:16:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Lairson writes:
Hi All,
Has anyone found a way to terminate a line with the 9v Track? I know it can
be done with the 12v stuff, but I wanted to build a freight yard with
multiple terminators for loading and unloading and I have no clue how. Could
I run a set of wires from the terminated rails to the rest of the track to
patch the power? Any Ideas?

Could you clarify what you mean by terminate?

9V turnouts are power directing. If you build a ladder of turnouts, only the
route that is aligned gets power. All the others don't. So if you have
engines parked on multiple tracks of the ladder, none of them will go except
one, which is usually the desired behaviour.

++Lar