 Trains / 12432
Re: Terminating a Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:13:39 GMT

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 02:04:32PM +0000, David Lairson wrote:
Has anyone found a way to terminate a line with the 9v Track? I know it can
be done with the 12v stuff, but I wanted to build a freight yard with
multiple terminators for loading and unloading and I have no clue how. Could
I run a set of wires from the terminated rails to the rest of the track to
patch the power? Any Ideas?

If you mean get a train to stop while the track is powered on, Tom Cook
and I did develop a system for that.  Using polarity switches, you can
isolate/power a section of track via an RCX...  We use this technique
in our automated track crossing, gauntlet track, etc...  see some info
below:

  http://peeron.com/pics/gauntlet/
  http://peeron.com/pics/cross/

HTH,