 Trains / 12431
    Terminating a Line —David Lairson
   Hi All, Has anyone found a way to terminate a line with the 9v Track? I know it can be done with the 12v stuff, but I wanted to build a freight yard with multiple terminators for loading and unloading and I have no clue how. Could I run a set of (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Terminating a Line —Dan Boger
     (...) If you mean get a train to stop while the track is powered on, Tom Cook and I did develop a system for that. Using polarity switches, you can isolate/power a section of track via an RCX... We use this technique in our automated track crossing, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Terminating a Line —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Could you clarify what you mean by terminate? 9V turnouts are power directing. If you build a ladder of turnouts, only the route that is aligned gets power. All the others don't. So if you have engines parked on multiple tracks of the ladder, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Terminating a Line —David Lairson
     (...) Sorry, I'm not really up on my railroad terminology. I think we are talking about the same thing. I would like a line comming from a turnout that ends without reconnecting to the main line. I would like to stack a series of turnouts (a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Terminating a Line —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Thanks for the clarification, I think it does too. Your shunter won't be powered unless you route the turnouts to it. (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Terminating a Line —Richard W. Schamus
   (...) isolate the track after the switch points. You could do so in a variety of ways, some not very 'Lego Politically Correct.' Use your imagination. Power should be applied to each applicable terminus that you have (that's a lot of regulators if (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)