 Trains / 12082
12081  |  12083
Subject:
Sawnee Mnt. Coal Tipple
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 22:18:28 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Introducing the Sawnee Mountain Coal Company coal tripple.

The name 'tipple' is derived from the time when men would push carts full of
coal to the bunker and tip them over for dumping.

Three tracks are serviced here.

A power house, the place where a small steam engine generates electricity to
run the machinery of the tipple, is provided as is a small storage shed.

The coal is sent down a main shoot and then via a set of levers is directed
to the appropriate track were the hoppers cars wait to be loaded.

For all the pictures

Now I just need to build a coal mine to go with it :)

--
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club