 Trains / 11354
  Amtrak HHP-8

With all the talk about LEGO "Classic" sets being release (I love that Octan service station!!!) causing wishes for a re-release of the Metroliner 4558, I have caught the bug to build- er, model in MLCad! Thanks for the inspiration everyone. First, (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8

(...) Thanks for posting. Another good one, James. Now you need some Metroliner cars to go with it, like in this pic... (URL) those rounded sides will be hard. (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GDwxD9.Jno@lugnet.com... (...) :) This is so awesome! Iain (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8

(...) Hi James,I also like that Octan set.It's a little masterpiece. (...) So what?You still have 6 months to tell Santa... ;-) (...) James,WOW! Really beautiful,even if *only* 6wide....... It's 36 long...lenght is the second magic way to make (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8

(...) I like it James, I'm not usually a big fan of electric (straight-electric, that is) motive power, but I like your red pantographs. They really give the model that 'second-glance appeal'. Now all you have to do is make some cars to go behind (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8

(...) I have to agree on the red pantos, those really make it special. (...) I wish Acela all the best but I recently had reason to take the train Boston to NYC and I could not justify Acela to my management. Regular service fare was something like (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8

(...) <snip old intro stuff> (...) I like th red pantagraph, as well. Credit goes to the artistic designers for the real-life version. I only used the color scheme they used. (...) You and Larry P. are on the same page, here. Ugh, those curved-wall (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)