 Trains / 11252
  Re: Not My Own Train

...snip... (...) After spending some time working for Lego and talking to some of my buddies who used to work designing the star wars sets, I'd argue that it is not the designer's fault the models seem uninspired, it's the constraints that are (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Wow, thanks for the insight John! I always suspected that creativity and versatility were scrapped for sake of a set design's monetary bottom line. It just kills me (and probably the designers too) that the designers are not given as much of a (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

In lugnet.trains, Richard W. Schamus writes: <snipped insights> (...) Hopefully sets like the new Sopwith Camel sell well enough to convince LEGO that there is a market for high quality, highly detailed sets. And I would guess they're also watching (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Yes, I hope that the recent fair they are providing us now really helps us help them in their decision making. (...) Within the context you describe, I fully agree. And I also like the parts selection as well. (...) Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)