 Trains / 11218
  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) You mean that a 6 wide is *stretched* to get an 8 wide? (...) Well, that's the point. The proportions are *wrong* to begin with in 6 wide-- if you are trying to model to scale. But that's okay; I mean, compression happens;-) It's just a (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) Again, I disagree. The body to truck proportions are wrong, yes. But, at least in my models, the LxWxH proportions are more or less correct. Sometimes the height is a bit too high for the width (maybe in the 'bug, for example) but not always. (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) You could mostly avoid this (seeing the side wall through the back window) by using a thin wall immediately behind the window. That would mean that to see the wall through the window you'd need to be straight on to the car, *and* squinting. ;) (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) That's a good option. I bet there are some SNOT methods also - in fact, how about a 1x2 clear brick on end, studs out. Cap it with a tile and attach it with to a 1x plate on the bottom (against the door). The 1x plate and the tile form the (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)