 Trains / 10850
  Predictions on What to come

Since TLC has made such an investment in these new 9v trains I think We can be reassured that TLC will continue with the 9v system. (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Predictions on What to come

(...) I agree with you on this one, trains are here to stay! (sigh of relief)-Harvey (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Predictions on What to come

(...) Welcome back, Kai. There are no new parts in these sets. There *are* old parts in new colors. But that does put a cap on how much of an investment TLC made. However, ANY investment is welcome. And this, especially, was done differently than (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Predictions on What to come

(...) lol the ink is barely dry from your farewell post, Kai;-) You are welcome back:-) (...) An astute observation, Lar. These sets are not in the 45xx numbering system, so they really aren't a normal 9 volt system release. What they are, however, (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

"kai brodersen" <cbrodersen@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:GC9rFM.4pB@lugnet.com... (...) can (...) If we are speculating on what is to come, then.... Think about the fact that the new trains DONT come packaged with an engine..... Ready for a (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Predictions on What to come

(...) Hmm - still have my doubts about this. The train motors are expensive enough. Can you imagine how much TLC would charge for digital controlled versions? If you look at the photos on S@H again you'll see some show a 9V motor fitted. I presume (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Predictions on What to come

(...) You are correct. The statement with each new set is that you can obtain a motor (and a light set) for your new engine, but does not come with one. They are just shells, ready to fit a motor within it. Which, for me is ok, since I have a few (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Predictions on What to come

(...) I don't think that LEGO would make that large an investment in the trains line, esp. with their high stakes gamble with the Bionicrap stuff. (...) I just hope that these new trains are the same familar LEGO quality we've come to expect. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Predictions on What to come

(...) I really am not coming back to legos right now. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)