 Trains / 10650
    More sticker/decal talk —Steven Barile
   Hi All, I was wondering how many of you guys use the clear decal sheets and print on them? I know the Alps printer is used a bit in this, mostly due to the fact that it can print white ink. I was thinking about using a thermal wax printer; the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: More sticker/decal talk —Jake McKee
   (...) Did you ever hear anything on this? I have been wanting to do some of this decal stuff for a while now for all my hobbies, but not sure where to start. I am assuming water transfer decals onto the plastic. Can I get these for a laser or inkjet (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: More sticker/decal talk —John Morgan
     Hi Jake, I saw in our computer store at work today a package of clear labels for ink jet printers. These are the "standard size"(?) sticky back, address labels 1 by, maybe, 3 inches on a 8x 11 inches sheet. I am not sure of the brand name but they (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: More sticker/decal talk —Eric Kingsley
     (...) Here is what I have done so far. Hope it helps. For doing my own labels I use Avery Clear Shipping labels. These can be had at most Office Supply stores. The one drawback to these are that they are not truly clear, they are more translucent. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: More sticker/decal talk —John Neal
      (...) Jake- I think you'll find that to get the most unobtrusive results, decals are superior to stickers. They are more of a hassle as well. Both Champ and Microscale: (2 URLs) clear and white sheets of decal paper. You *will* need to use a laser (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: More sticker/decal talk —Steven Barile
   It's like fishing for Halibut, ya gotta leave the bait out for a long time! :) Thanks for picking up this thread! I have been moving forward on this topic. Sorry that I didn't update the group but with no response I wasn't sure there was any (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

        Re: More sticker/decal talk —Jake McKee
   Steve, Thanks for the info! I think I am going to go try to pick up a sample sheet this weekend to try out. Can you send me the name of the product? If it works for me, I am all over the bulk buy! Jake --- AFOL LUGNET Member 211 (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

        Re: More sticker/decal talk —Steven Barile
   Bare-Metal Foil Co. = (URL) the pics at the URLs below are decaled with Microscale Decals not custom; I can't print white :( SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

        Re: More sticker/decal talk —Christopher Masi
   (...) stream liner (not me). Chris (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)