 Trains / 10516
Re: Announcing my new website: A database of photos of British railway wagons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:19:52 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Huw Millington writes:

Great resource. Thanks! (if you like eurotrash, that is... :-) )

Thanks...

What do the years in the dropdown refer to? When you took the pic?

Yes.

ore
useful (if you are still enough of an anorak to remember) is what year the
stock itself dates from. But that's a lot more work.

The eventual plan is to add that and a lot more information.

I found this one:
http://www.brickset.com/wagons/view.asp?PhotoID=18

Wow is that a wacky looking car! I had no idea. Tough to model but nifty • if
doable.

It's a bogie version of a Presflo:

http://www.brickset.com/wagons/view.asp?PhotoID=169

Most are used for Cement, but some carry other dry chemicals such as
tripolyphosphate, soda ash etc.

Their design, as you can imagine, is to allow the dry contents to be
discharged by gravity. Presumably the bogie version looks like 2 x 2 axle
ones because the tanks work best when they are that size.

That particular vehicle was built in the 1960's.

Huw